Commitment to Quality
Our quality program is a cornerstone of Duke LifePoint Healthcare. It is modeled on integrated patient safety and quality improvement processes, and supported by:
- Leadership that empowers the workforce by providing resources and promoting a culture of safety, innovation, accountability and continuous learning.
- Performance improvement: a system that provides the tools necessary to support continuous learning and improved quality of care.
- Culture: an environment that encourages and rewards teamwork, communication, accountability, learning and respect.
Duke LifePoint quality resources available to network hospitals are unique in that they:
- Support a culture of safety working hand-in-hand with our hospitals, physicians and board members.
- Provide access to unparalleled clinical and operations resources in patient safety, clinical quality, performance improvement and accreditation/regulatory compliance.
“Duke LifePoint’s Quality Committee – comprised largely of seasoned, highly skilled medical and clinical experts – is dedicated to helping ensure our hospitals and other healthcare partners consistently deliver high-quality patient care.” — Karen S. Frush, M.D., Chief Patient Safety Officer, Duke University Health System